Rejected because extension not found in context

Hi, I’ve been using asterisk for about two years now, but when trying to migrate to a new server I am having a configuration issue which has stumped me.

I get the following error…
[Feb 13 20:40:36] NOTICE[9927]: chan_sip.c:20200 handle_request_invite: Call from ‘810’ to extension ‘810)’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘oldext’.

However, when I show the dialplan for that context, extension 810 is there.
newext*CLI> dialplan show oldext
[ Context ‘oldext’ created by ‘pbx_config’ ]
‘810’ => 1. NoOP(CALLERID(num) - ${CALLERID(num)}) [pbx_config]
2. NoOP(abcd) [pbx_config]
3. Voicemail(100,u) [pbx_config]

If I change the “810” in the dialplan to “_X.” as a catch-all, it works, see below…
newext*CLI> dialplan show oldext
[ Context ‘oldext’ created by ‘pbx_config’ ]
’_X.’ => 1. NoOP(CALLERID(num) - ${CALLERID(num)}) [pbx_config]
2. NoOP(Dialled - ${EXTEN}) [pbx_config]
3. Voicemail(100,u) [pbx_config]

And calling the same number gives…
– Executing [810)@oldext:1] NoOp(“SIP/oldext2-0000000d”, “CALLERID(num) - 203”) in new stack
– Executing [810)@oldext:2] NoOp(“SIP/oldext2-0000000d”, “Dialled - 810)”) in new stack
– Executing [810)@oldext:3] VoiceMail(“SIP/oldext2-0000000d”, “100,u”) in new stack

I figure that my sip.conf file is correct, as it appears to be going into the “oldext” context as I intended, I just can’t seem to be able to explicitly configure a particular extension in the dialplan, just a generic one.

The entries from extensions.conf are as follows (I alternated between the commented out sections for the above two tests).
[oldext]
;exten => 810,1,NoOP(CALLERID(num) - ${CALLERID(num)})
;exten => 810,n,NoOP(abcd)
;exten => 810,n,Voicemail(100,u)
exten => _X.,1,NoOP(CALLERID(num) - ${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _X.,n,NoOP(Dialled - ${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Voicemail(100,u)

Hi

If you spent as long looking at the verbose out put as you did putting this post together you would have seen the error
Call from ‘810’ to extension '810)'
810)@oldext:1

etc etc

you seem to be dialing 810) not 810

Ian

Thank you. I’ve been focussing on the darn dialplan so much that I missed that little additional character in the CLI. I just needed someone with a fresh brain to go over it and point out my stupidity. Thank you so much!