Registrations keep dropping out over high ping time links

Hi,
I know this is a long shot but we recently upgraded to 1.2.12, since then pap2’s and some gateways are now periodicly dropping out (their registrations) after 60 seconds, if they are connected to VSAT links (800-1200ms) but if they are moved to ADSL links for example (10-40ms) then they are fine.

If I tick the box to allow calls even if unregistered then the calls go through ok, but as asterisk thinks the peer is down then it does not send incoming calls to the phone, we had trouble in the past with Asterisk and high latency links, but I thought they were ok in this release, anyone else had this, or know where I can start to look? Even weirder, Grandstreams are ok!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

do you have qualify=yes or qualify=XXX for these peers in sip.conf?

if so, set qualify to no - that should help your issue. qualify simply pings the peer every so often to see if it’s still responding within a set time period. disabling this should allow your peers to register and asterisk will keep that registration until it times out or is overwritten.

Hi, I have qualify=3000 I thought I needed the qualify = to keep the NAT translation alive (all the clients are NAT) or am i getting confused with something else?

Thanks,

Wayne

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+qualify

qualify can be used to do either or both. turning it off will mean you run the risk of the NAT “hole” closing, but the peer won’t be marked as offline when the latency increases.

time to experiment with the setting methinks.