Recording Calls - *1

I set up call recording that activates when *1 is pressed, but I am having two problems:

1. You have to press the buttons pretty fast for it to take activate.
  2. If you are connected to someone via the PRI, it does not activate.

I am using a TE411p hooked into a PRI. The internal VoIP phones are Grandstream GXP-2000’s. I am using the latest Asterisk and driver files. Any ideas?

post your features.conf and some output from the CLI (with debug turned on) when you attempt…

Try setting the following to 700. I had the people complaining too that they have to do it to fast.

features.conf

featuredigittimeout = 700 ; Max time (ms) between digits for
; feature activation. Default is 500

Setting it to 700 fixed the issue related to needing to dial quick, but it has not resolved the inability to record calls on the ZAP channels.

Basically, I have a Wildcard 411p, and anything connected thru that is not recording, whether or not the internal (VoIP on Grandstream GXP-2000) or the external user dials *1. The features.conf file is default, with the exception of uncommenting the *1 line and changing the previously mentioned setting to 700 from 500.

The console does not give any useful information.  When a VoIP to VoIP call is made, dailing *1 will yeild a message on the console stating that recording has started or stopped.  No message appears when dialing across the ZAP channels, not even an error.  It's like the system doesn't even read the digits.

There have been some previous discussions on this topic, often with no clear resolution.

In my own case with a TDM with FXO and FXS modules I had similar experience. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have had a lot better luck with initiating recording with #1 and not *1. I don’t know why. It may have something to do with the fact that my regular analog phone has a special function that uses the * key to turn on tone mode from pulse. Sometimes I have managed to toggle recording with **1 even though the feature is set to *1. But #1 (the # key has no special function on the handset, and adjusting other features to make way) has provided the most consistent result.