Recording Agent Calls

Hi,

I’ve succesfully implemented Agent Call Recording. Only Problem I have with it is the file name format is as follows:

agent-304-1151575850-33604.wav

Any Idea what those randomn numbers after the agent number are :confused:

Also is there away to put a Date or Time Stamp into the file name like you can with MixMonitor so the filename would be like:

agent-300-1151333486-32456-29-06-2006.wav :smiley:?.

Regards

Chris

the random numbers represent the unique call ID - this corresponds to the entry in the CDR table.

regarding putting the date/time/whatever, here is exactly what we use for our calls:

exten => s,1,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Queue_CustSvc_${TIMESTAMP}_${CALLERID})

works like a charm.

HTH.

Where abouts in extensions.conf would that string go? in the same context as the agents or in “global” section?

Thanks

Chris

we have this right before the Queue or Dial command (depending on if it’s an inbound, outbound, or queue call).

so, for an incoming queue call, you’d have the above string, followed by the Queue command:

exten => s,1,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Queue_CustSvc_${TIMESTAMP}_${CALLERID}) exten => s,n,Queue(CUSTOMER_SERVICE)

Thanks very clear explaination :smiley:.

my pleasure, glad to help!

I seem to be having a few problems :frowning:.

Ive set up my dial plan as follows:

[code][openclient]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(welcomeclient)
exten => s,n,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Client_Line_${DATETIME}_0${CALLERID})
exten => s,n,Queue(clientqueue)

[opendebtor]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(placedinqueue)
exten => s,n,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Debtor_Line_${DATETIME}_0${CALLERID})
exten => s,n,Queue(debtorqueue)
[/code]
I have 2 Different DDI’s going into 2 different queues. The setvar apears to work on the console:

Executing SetVar("Zap/10-1", "MONITOR_FILENAME=Debtor_Line_29062006-14:50:47_01592569169") in new stack -- Executing Queue("Zap/10-1", "debtorqueue") in new stack -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel 'Zap/10-1'

However the calls are still getting recorded as:

instead of DATETIME, try TIMESTAMP - there may be a problem with the colons in the filename…we only have underscores and dashes and it works fine…

just a thought, otherwise everything looks good.

OK will try it. It couldn’t be anything to do with the fact im using AgentCallBack Login?

i wouldn’t think so, as the queue application is separate from the agent layer…in other words, the recording is part of the core queue app, and the calls being routed to agents should be a separate component. it’s a possibility though…

Have you solved this problem ChrisUK?

Nope! :frowning:.

I tried putting the “SetVar” Higher up in the context with no joy :cry:. It now like like the following:

[code][openclient]
exten => s,1,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Client_Line_${TIMESTAMP}_0${CALLERID})
exten => s,n,Answer
exten => s,n,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(welcomeclient)
exten => s,n,Queue(clientqueue)

[opendebtor]
exten => s,1,SetVar(MONITOR_FILENAME=Debtor_Line_${TIMESTAMP}_0${CALLERID})
exten => s,n,Answer
exten => s,n,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(placedinqueue)
exten => s,n,Queue(debtorqueue)
[/code]

Any other Ideas will be appreciated, quite despirate now as we are getting complaints from Debtors saying our agents are offensive. After using ZAPBarge to listen to them I would agree I just need some evidence before we sack em. :smiley:.

Any ideas ? :unamused:. Ive tried alsorts of things now :cry: do you think I should file a bug? 8).

Regards

Chris

hasn’t SetVar been deprecated ? looking at the info for Set, you might want to investigate that, particularly the use of the ‘_’ prefix for variable value inheritence.

This might have been a very amature way of doing things, this is a copy from one of my first extention.conf files. I used to use the monitor command when creating extentions, then with the specified name

exten => 1009,1,Monitor(wav,${DATETIME}-${CALLERID(num)},mb)
exten => 1009,2,Dial(SIP/9999,15,tT)
exten => 1009,3,Answer()
exten => 1009,5,StopMonitor()

Something like that. I had extentions 1001-1010 and they used to login to a queue and answer calls. All the conversations where recorded and where named correctly.

Dont know if this helps at all…

My 2c

SuperX yeah that method works great for recording an extension (I use it myself to record the Accounts Dept incase of fraud 8)) but Agents is a completly different ball game. With Agents The call comes in from a DDI and then get put in a agent queue then the queue calls the agent without the use of extensions.conf. This is why we need to use SetVar or “Set”.

Yeah I’ll read into the use of “Set” hopefully its just a case of changing SetVar for Set :smiley:.

if it is SetVar causing the problem, then I’m confused as hell, because the code i posted for you is what we are using on our live dial plan right now, on asterisk 1.2.4…

i know that SetVar was deprecated, perhaps it was removed entirely in a recent release…

looks like i need to go through my scripts and get everything up to date…(deep sad sigh)…

Unlucky!. Im using 1.2.7.1 I think I can’t use the latest upgrade cause it totally shafts Zaptel and it starts to resfuse to answer calls over a space of about 1-2 hours.

weird, because on the two boxes we have 1.2.7.1 on, SetVar still works fine…

Very weird indeed. Do you mean it works on one and it doesn’t on the other?.