Rebuilding asterisk

Hi

I need to make a very tiny change on the ./channels/chan_sip.c file of the asterisk RPM.

This change requires rebuilding the asterisk RPM. But, I haven’t been able to rebuild the asterisk RPM and I am having the same error as the one in the following posting (the posting mentions the issue but not the resolution nor an explanation):
bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13244

Can I have help on rebuilding the asterisk RPM?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Moshili

I haven’t rebuilt an asterisk rpm before, but when rebuilding an rpm this is what I’ve done.

rpmbuild --rebuild <name_of_SRPM>

The RPMs will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS//
where ARCH is either i386 or x86_64 or powerpc…
Hope this helps - try googling rpmrebuild and see what comes up.

Thank you Chris for your reply

I do know the details and usage of the rpmbuild command. However, I am unable to rebuild the asterisk RPM because of the following error:
bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13244

The reporter closed the bug report without any explanation/resolution.

Any further help is appreciated.

Thanks

1. Do you need speex?
    If not, remove the dependency that the reporter said kills it. And delete the codec_speex.so file from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules so you don’t ever find yourself in trouble with it as a second guarantee.

Then proceed with rpmbuild.

Where are you getting the SRPM from? Could you provide a link? Because I’ve got a little bit of experience with rpmbuild, I’ll try to give it a shot in the next week and put up what I did on my wiki and either you can grab the RPMs off me, or rebuild them yourself.

Chris

Thank you Chris

The latest Asterisk SRPM (1.4.22-2) can be obtained at yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/SRPMS/r … .22-2.html

• I do not need speex. I tried removing speex dependency from menuselect-tree but rpmbuild complained about dependencies of other codecs. I removed the others as well but rpmbuild failed.

• If you intend to rebuild asterisk RPM, would you please make the following change on the ./channels/chan_sip.c file before you rebuild it (this is the reason why I need to rebuild asterisk RPM):

to be changed to:

Thank you very much for your help.