I would like to use Asterisk purely as a PSTN conference bridge for 60 concurrent conference participants. They connect by calling a DID number and then enter a PIN code - without having to enter a specific conference room. The Asterisk server will be connected to 2 E1’s.
- Is Asterisk suitable for this purpose?
- Can it be configured once and then be left alone serving as conference bridge only?
- What are the known problems or short comings of Asterisk in such a set up?
- Does OpenPBX’s nConference successfully address some of the known issues?
- What are the minimum specifications for the server, in terms of CPU, RAM, HD, etc.?
Thanks in advance