Problems with a basic IVR main menu. Need help

Hi everyone,

I have set up an Asterisk system on my NAS to handle calls for my small 2 man office. I researched online to get what I have working but I am having problems when I answer the phone a little late.

Here is what I want to happen:

Caller calls office
Main menu recording comes on with choice to enter extension (guy one or guy two) or ring all lines if no extension is entered
If no one answers, a general voicemail box takes a message and message is emailed to both of us

So far it seems to work except there is a long delay before the general voicemail message comes on (confusing for caller) and sometimes when I answer the phone after about three rings of the “ring all”, I hear nothing on the line and the caller hears a strange sound and no
message comes on. It seems to work fine if they enter an extension though. I just figured this has to be a simple thing I am overlooking in my configuration so I thought I would see if anyone knows what I am doing wrong.

Here is my menu context:

[mainmenu]

exten => s,1,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(2)
exten => s,n,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Background(naranja)
exten => s,n,WaitExten(3)
exten => s,n,Dial(${SUNROCKET},13,t)

exten => t,1,Voicemail(u1002)
exten => t,n,Hangup

exten => 1000,1,Macro(oneline,${XLITE})
exten => 84,1,Macro(oneline,${TIMSOFT})
exten => 83,1,Macro(oneline,${SUNROCKET})

[macro-oneline]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20)
exten => s,n,Ringing    ; Make them comfortable with 2 seconds of ringback
exten => s,n,Voicemail(u${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten => s,n,Hangup
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten => s,103,Hangup

I am running Asterisk version 1.2.24 (I know it is old, but that’s all I could manage to get running on this embedded device)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!