Problems installing asterisk addons

I want to use the MYSQL application in my dialplan, but I am having trouble installing asterisk addons. I’ve tried several different branches/tags from the Asterisk SVN server (1.2, 1.4, 1.4.9, 1.6, etc…) and they all give me the same error during compilation.

I’ve successfully installed DBI and DBD::mysql…

After I download the asterisk addons source files…I run make clean, then ./configure, and then make install and I’m getting a bunch of errors referring to ‘chan_ooh323.c’, finally the compilation ends and the last error is:

make[1]: *** [chan_ooh323.o] Error 1
make: *** [channels] Error 2

I’m running Asterisk 1.4.24 on CentOS kernel 2.6.18-128.1.1.e15 (from the AsteriskNOW ISO)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE:

After digging deeper into this issue, I think the problem is that Make is not able to find the Asterisk source files that it needs to configure/compile asterisk addons.

When I run ./configure, I noticed it could not find asterisk.h, as it displays: “checking for asterisk.h… no”

Since, I installed Asterisk using the AsteriskNOW iso file, the source files aren’t sitting in a directory anywhere, so I downloaded the source for the exact version of Asterisk that I am running (v1.4.23.6) and extracted the files into /usr/src/asterisk

I then went back into my asterisk-addons directory and issued “./configure --with-asterisk=/usr/src/asterisk”

However, the configure now fails with:

checking for asterisk.h… no
configure: ***
configure: *** The Asterisk installation on this system appears to be broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-asterisk.

Can anyone shed some light on what’s going on here? It’s driving me crazy!

After digging deeper into this issue, I think the problem is that Make is not able to find the Asterisk source files that it needs to configure/compile asterisk addons.

When I run ./configure, I noticed it could not find asterisk.h, as it displays: “checking for asterisk.h… no”

Since, I installed Asterisk using the AsteriskNOW iso file, the source files aren’t sitting in a directory anywhere, so I downloaded the source for the exact version of Asterisk that I am running (v1.4.23.6) and extracted the files into /usr/src/asterisk

I then went back into my asterisk-addons directory and issued “./configure --with-asterisk=/usr/src/asterisk”

However, the configure now fails with:

checking for asterisk.h… no
configure: ***
configure: *** The Asterisk installation on this system appears to be broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-asterisk.

Can anyone shed some light on what’s going on here? It’s driving me crazy!

Hello,

Did you install mysql-devel with a “yum install mysql-devel” before you compiled the addons?

Regards,

Ike