Problem when installing

Hello!
I want to install astersk-1.4.14 on Ubuntu Feisty Faun.

I have run ./configure and it worked fine.

When I try to run make I get this print over and over again until I stop the build.

root@xxx-desktop:~/Desktop/asterisk-1.4.14# make make: Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 4.7e+06 s in the future make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xxx/Desktop/asterisk-1.4.14/menuselect' make[1]: Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 4.1e+06 s in the future Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gtk+-2.0' found checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling... no checking for suffix of executables... checking for suffix of object files... o checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking for ranlib... ranlib checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar checking for cp... /bin/cp checking for ln... /bin/ln checking for mkdir... /bin/mkdir checking for nroff... /usr/bin/nroff checking for rm... /bin/rm checking for strdup... yes checking for vsnprintf... yes configure: creating ./config.status config.status: creating Makefile config.status: creating mxml.list config.status: creating mxml.pc config.status: creating config.h make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/Desktop/asterisk-1.4.14/menuselect'

What is gtk±2.0, and what should I do?
Thanks
// Kumlin

not sure what the error is
try

this clears out old intermediate files
then try

make will take time… you should allow it to get complete by itself.

steps:

1. make clean
  2. ./configure
  3. make
    [go for a coffee and come back :smiley: … it will take time]
  4. make install

Cheers
selva

Make works by knowing what time it is now and looking at which files are older than which other files. The complaint it gave you is translated in english as that your clock was set in the future when you unpacked some of the files. What I would do is go to the installation directory and issue

make clean

then issue

touch -R *
(assuming touch honors the “-R” flag; another way to do this would be
find . -type f | xargs touch
)

and the problem should go away with the next “make” or “make install”. “touch” sets the timestamp of a file/directory to “now”, so after doing this no files in that directory will have creation dates/times in the future. That’s what your make was complaining about.

And of course check your clock.

===

gtk2 is a graphics library. Use apt-get or the adept manager to install it on your system. You might find it under “libgtk2” rather than “gtk2”.