Problem when dialing ( using *67 )

Hello,

We have a sipura 2102 and we have installed asterisk 1.4.4 and when i hit *67 and try to dial a number it is sent to the PRI server and gives me back the following error code:

-- Executing Set("SIP/66.49.XX.XX-b6a856c8", "CALLERID(name)=Unknown") in new stack
-- Executing Set("SIP/66.49.XX.XX-b6a856c8", "CALLERID(num)=Unknown") in new stack
-- Executing Dial("SIP/66.49.XX.XX-b6a856c8", "Zap/G1/416XXXXXXX") in new stack
-- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
-- Called G1/416XXXXXXX

PROGRESS with cause code 28 received

Then it just hangs up on me… not sure … If i do *68 and then try again with the call Display on it doesn’t do this. Is there a bug here or is there something I can do to turn it off?

Hello,

I have determined that this problem is only consistant on the new 1.4 version. The old 1.2 version didn’t have this problem. Is there a flag that we can use in the Sip.conf or other that will NOT allow the caller ID to be anonymous ? or the FROM : to be also unknown ?

I would like to remove the ability for the clients to push *67 ( call blocking )

Thank you
Sandro

Alright sorry for the post. I have figured it out. I will place a solution here so everyone is aware of it.

Some PRI providers do not allow caller ID to go with Unknown and it returns a busy signal if you try to make a call using *67 or some other way of blocking it. In fact they only accept empty input. So… the solution was as follows:

In the Extensions.conf file ( your dial plan )

exten => _416xxxxxxx,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => _416xxxxxxx,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _416xxxxxxx,3,GotoIf($["${CALLERIDNUM}"=“Unknown”]?6:4)
exten => _416xxxxxxx,4,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN})
exten => _416xxxxxxx,5,Hangup
exten => _416xxxxxxx,6,Set(CALLERID(num)=)
exten => _416xxxxxxx,7,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN})

This will take any Unknown number and remove the Unknown from the CallerID NUM and your call with terminate correctly without the caller ID. You could shrink the context a bit by removing the first two lines but that is up to you.