Asterisk sending username on PRI for Callerid

I have run into an issue where Asterisk is sending the SIP account name/username in the CallerID field on a PRI when there is no callerid defined for that SIP user. This is causingthe Telco switch to not recognizethe callerid and take a course of action that is not what we want.

This seems to be a new feature :confused: in Asterisk.

I need this callerid to be either blank if possible.

Thoughts

havenā€™t run into that, but can you modify your dialplan to check the CID and if it is not how you like it, fix it, prior to sending out the PRI?

p

That is a possibility but processor utilization is an issue since this is a system that handles a large number of calls.

Would it be possible to manually set the CALLERID variable if it is blank to a blank.

I guess Iā€™m a little confused what you mean by that. Doesnā€™t that still require you to do what I suggested? e.g. check if it is ā€˜blankā€™ (however that is definedā€™ and if yes, the set it to a ā€˜blankā€™ that the PRI wonā€™t have a problem with?

obvioulsy Iā€™m not understanding something here?

p

[quote=ā€œscottā€]I have run into an issue where Asterisk is sending the SIP account name/username in the CallerID field on a PRI when there is no callerid defined for that SIP user. This is causingthe Telco switch to not recognizethe callerid and take a course of action that is not what we want.

This seems to be a new feature :confused: in Asterisk.

I need this callerid to be either blank if possible.

Thoughts[/quote]

I dont think this is an asteriskproblem.

There are standarized (ITU) fields, like CallerID-Name and CallerID-Number.

Asterisk is doing nothing on its own here, its just plain forwarding the content of these fields. You CAN change them via script, but if you havent done so, these fields are reading what the SIP provider of the caller supplied.

So its very obv. that the SIP provider already filled these fields ā€œnon standardā€.

You can check these fields in your dialplan, esp. for this case:
Just do a math operation on the callerid number like
If callerid>0 then it is a number else its a string with letters

Hope this helps.

Well I understand your last point but in the case this is the SIP provider. Asterisk is used as the gateway to a class 4 switch. The interface between the two is PRI and after decoding the PRI on the class 4 switch we determined that Asterisk when there is no callerid set for a user and none is provided by the ATA then it inserts the username.

I think we will be able to work aroound this by creating a catch all ANI and using this instead of a blank callerid but it seems like I should be able to do this without a work around.