This is not the first time i did this install… but on asterisk 1.2. I just installed Asterisk 1.4.6 as our back-up server. I am adding 10 channels of G729 codecs. I downloaded all the files needed and move them to the directories as per instructions. I download i686 and i386 versions of the codec. Tried both and have problems.
When registering, i don’t get any error messages. It allows me to register completely and giving me a registration successful message. However, when checking from asterisk, the codecs are not available. I have restarted asterisk and even rebooted the server to no joy. I don’t have codec_g729b.so in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules in case someone ask.
Have anyone experience this problem before.