PRI with muliple trunks

I need to be pointed in the right direction.

My question is this: How do I set it up so that different users or groups of users dial out using the appropriate trunk?

I have a PRI that is configured by Southwestern Bell with 3 trunk groups. Incoming calls work fine and DID based incoming routing works fine. All outbound calls use the same phone number, though.

Channels 1-10 are in the first trunk.
Channels 11-20 are in the second trunk.
Channels 21-23 are in the third trunk.

Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to “define” a dialout context for each group.

Whenever such group dials out, the dialstring is the one that makes the different.

eg.

Group1:
exten=> _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},45,wW)

Group2:
exten=> _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:1},45,wW)

etc.

If I have extensions in the 200, 300, and 500 number ranges and I want to have extension 201, 202, 203, etc. to automatically use g2 would I create a custom context for those extensions?

I have it setup so that each group can be accessed through a dialing prefix such as 9| but my users just won’t be able to handle that.

Then it might be easier to have the dialout extension checking (there are dialplan commands) the originating extension and branching to the correspondending dialout.

Im not sure out of mind right now, but there is a command to check the eg. first digit of the originating extension and the you do a GotoIf to the appropiate dialoutcommand, picking the right Zap group.

Thanks, I’ll look into that.