Presentation number

Hi all,

I want to set up presentation number another than caller ID number,
I need it for billing purpose. Is It possible to set up presentation number another than caller ID number? I see that in SIP packet is “Display number” field and from and to fields. Maybe I have to change Display number field?

Thanks for any help,

Rafal

any ideas ?

in sip.conf
callerid=“Caller name”
try this it might do it for you! for example put your presentation number instead of caller name!

Wait, are you just trying to set your callerID? Are you trying to set it for just one SIP phone or for all outgoing calls in a dialplan?

If you’re trying it in a dialplan you can just put something like:

or in the sip.conf you could do something like what it says here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+sip.conf

(Yes, that’s actually the Edmonton Alberta Canada Police service number, so don’t use this example to prank call people, you will get charged.)

[quote=“Mustafa_saa”]in sip.conf
callerid=“Caller name”
try this it might do it for you! for example put your presentation number instead of caller name![/quote]

In this way, presentation number will be the same as caller ID number.

[quote=“Mark_Logan”]
Wait, are you just trying to set your callerID? Are you trying to set it for just one SIP phone or for all outgoing calls in a dialplan?[/quote]

I am trying to set up diffrent CallerIDfor every phone. I know how I can set up caller ID but I want to set up diffrent Caller ID and diffrenet Presentation number.

For example
On the screen phone while calling will be display number 555555 but in billing will save number 325555555.

thanks for reply,
Rafal

I think, by Presentation number, he means caller ID and by caller ID, he means ANI. I.E. he wants to set ${CALLERID(num)}, but leave ${CALLERID(ani)} untouched.

I’m not sure that this distinction maps to SIP and, if I’ve ever looked at this in the past, it has been in terms of Asterisk’s CDRs, not in terms of what is sent to the peer.

Display Number is not part of the core SIP standard; it looks like it might be RFC 3325, which is not, I think, a widely implemented extension. One might be able to use custom headers.

hello guys,

I have the problem and the question is exactly the same as Mark_Logan asked auser on » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am.
Details:
I have a ISDN PRI. (E1)
My 30 phone numbers are between +40312XXX300 -> +40322XXX329
When I call outside, mobile, landline, the phone number is always the same (+40312XXXX00)
Interesting fact is that, if I call from the outside to +40312XXXX317, it rings.

I need that when I call from +40312XXX321, for example, to a cellular phone to see that +40312XXX321 is calling and NOT +40312XXXX00.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
P.S. I tried to modify in sip.conf the caller id, but, when I call internally I get the full number, not the extension. So, when the users want to return missed calls they return them by dialing the full number which is a taxed call.:frowning:

please post here your dialplan (for a “vanilla” Asterisk) or mention if you are using FreePBX GUI.

basically, before dialing outside you have to set the callerID to be used for that call.

Ioan.

Are you using fromuser ? Give it a try without it.