Playing music after the caller selects an option from IVR

Hi,

I know this might sound a silly question but I have not been able to find an answer for it after lots of searching.

my problem is that when a caller selects an option there is few seconds silence before ringing the extension, I want to fill this gap by playing a music or announcing something, is there a solution for this?

THANKS

according to my knowledge - no.

This type of functionality is not needed and is usually provided by the
called party and not the calling party.

I dont understand why its not needed, there is almost 5 seconds silence before the caller hears the first ring.

I have seen this feature on Panasonic PBXs which caller gets an announcement after choosing an option from IVR. So I think there must be a way in Asterisk as well.

show us your IVR. is there a reason why you can’t pad your Background() soundfile out with music, or use an ‘&’ to play a music file after the IVR.

what timeouts are you using ?

here is my IVR, how can I play something after IVR?
Thanks

[mycontext]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten=> s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Background(welcome)

exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/test,rt)
exten => 1,2,VoiceMail(u8@default)
exten => 1,102,VoiceMail(b8@default)

exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/test2,20,rt)
exten => 2,2,VoiceMail(u9@default)
exten => 2,102,VoiceMail(b9@default)

exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => i,2,Goto(mycontext,s,1)
exten => t,1,Goto(2,1)

so that would be none then. Asterisk defaults to a 5 second DigitTimeout, so that’s why you get 5 seconds of nothing while it’s waiting for additional input. try adding Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=0) or Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=1) to the IVR.

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … nc+timeout

Thanks

But is there any way to play music or an announcement after the caller dials his option?

You already done it… in the i extension when Playback() is used.
Do the same before Dial().