Pjsip double contacts


#1

Hello,

Since upgrading to 13.24.1 from 13.23.1, pjsip show contacts shows two entries for each contact. For example:

pbx*CLI> pjsip show contacts

  Contact:  <Aor/ContactUri..............................> <Hash....> <Status> <RTT(ms)..>
==========================================================================================

  Contact:  10_q2yJKX3BI3/sip:10_q2yJKX3BI3@192.168.71.10: daf77599aa Avail        14.357
  Contact:  10_q2yJKX3BI3/sip:10_q2yJKX3BI3@192.168.71.10: daf77599aa Avail        14.357
  Contact:  12_rxArn31Sum/sip:12_rxArn31Sum@192.168.71.12; d90b9ee85a Avail         6.004
  Contact:  12_rxArn31Sum/sip:12_rxArn31Sum@192.168.71.12; d90b9ee85a Avail         6.004
  Contact:  13_4IGuD31P4P/sip:13_4IGuD31P4P@192.168.71.12; 7a2d52fc8c Avail         6.508
  Contact:  13_4IGuD31P4P/sip:13_4IGuD31P4P@192.168.71.12; 7a2d52fc8c Avail         6.508
  Contact:  14_l000Yl8Q07/sip:14_l000Yl8Q07@192.168.71.12; 65fb878b9a Avail         6.322
  Contact:  14_l000Yl8Q07/sip:14_l000Yl8Q07@192.168.71.12; 65fb878b9a Avail         6.322
  Contact:  15_n1n4y82M4z/sip:15_n1n4y82M4z@192.168.71.12; 140f9d6590 Avail         6.183
  Contact:  15_n1n4y82M4z/sip:15_n1n4y82M4z@192.168.71.12; 140f9d6590 Avail         6.183
  Contact:  16_G7bn7Yg7GW/sip:16_G7bn7Yg7GW@192.168.71.16: 46119775c5 Avail        10.058
  Contact:  16_G7bn7Yg7GW/sip:16_G7bn7Yg7GW@192.168.71.16: 46119775c5 Avail        10.058
  Contact:  17_S7227G495c/sip:17_S7227G495c@192.168.71.17: 630f5d22c4 Avail         7.858
  Contact:  17_S7227G495c/sip:17_S7227G495c@192.168.71.17: 630f5d22c4 Avail         7.858
  Contact:  18_jb3gNT42Xx/sip:18_jb3gNT42Xx@192.168.71.18: cec703d7af Avail         7.629
  Contact:  18_jb3gNT42Xx/sip:18_jb3gNT42Xx@192.168.71.18: cec703d7af Avail         7.629
  Contact:  19_qsZHW2107u/sip:19_qsZHW2107u@192.168.71.19: 18595d6f1a Avail         5.922
  Contact:  19_qsZHW2107u/sip:19_qsZHW2107u@192.168.71.19: 18595d6f1a Avail         5.922
  ...
  Contact:  digium/sip:sip.digiumcloud.net:5060            90e604f137 Avail        32.674

Objects found: 35

However, when examining a single contact, there is only one:

pbx*CLI> pjsip show contact 10_q2yJKX3BI3/sip:10_q2yJKX3BI3@192.168.71.10:5060

  Contact:  <Aor/ContactUri..............................> <Hash....> <Status> <RTT(ms)..>
==========================================================================================

  Contact:  10_q2yJKX3BI3/sip:10_q2yJKX3BI3@192.168.71.10: daf77599aa Avail         9.559

Interestingly, the only exception is the last entry, to sip.digiumcloud.net, for which there is only one contact. The only difference I can think of is that I’m registering to it:

pbx*CLI> pjsip show registrations

 <Registration/ServerURI..............................>  <Auth..........>  <Status.......>
==========================================================================================

 digium/sip:sip.digiumcloud.net:5060                     digium            Registered

Objects found: 1

I have tried deleting the database entries with database deltree registrar/contact, but when the new entries are added there are still two of each.

None of this seems to affect calls; all seems to working as before. Is this expected behavior?

Regards,
Ian

Update:

I have just updated another Asterisk installation, and it’s showing the same behavior:

cal*CLI> pjsip show contacts

  Contact:  <Aor/ContactUri..............................> <Hash....> <Status> <RTT(ms)..>
==========================================================================================

  Contact:  40E/sip:40E@10.47.55.40:10204                  9596b71d55 Avail         7.748
  Contact:  40E/sip:40E@10.47.55.40:10204                  9596b71d55 Avail         7.748
  Contact:  41E/sip:41E@10.47.55.41:10204                  338bb8b7bc Avail        11.595
  Contact:  41E/sip:41E@10.47.55.41:10204                  338bb8b7bc Avail        11.595
  Contact:  ATT40%4n0D4AtPiR/sip:ATT40%4n0D4AtPiR@10.47.55 1ea8516086 Avail        15.015
  Contact:  ATT40%4n0D4AtPiR/sip:ATT40%4n0D4AtPiR@10.47.55 1ea8516086 Avail        15.015
  Contact:  ATT41%3gNkIk8PXp/sip:ATT41%3gNkIk8PXp@10.47.55 c23cb4511c Avail         6.057
  Contact:  ATT41%3gNkIk8PXp/sip:ATT41%3gNkIk8PXp@10.47.55 c23cb4511c Avail         6.057
  Contact:  LON40%eUycVd4y1s/sip:LON40%eUycVd4y1s@10.47.55 e25593ef2e Avail        11.127
  Contact:  LON40%eUycVd4y1s/sip:LON40%eUycVd4y1s@10.47.55 e25593ef2e Avail        11.127
  Contact:  LON41%eUJcV54y1s/sip:LON41%eUJcV54y1s@10.47.55 aa7796ddfb Avail        12.433
  Contact:  LON41%eUJcV54y1s/sip:LON41%eUJcV54y1s@10.47.55 aa7796ddfb Avail        12.433

Objects found: 12

cal*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 13.24.1 built by root @ cal on a x86_64 running Linux on 2019-01-01 19:07:27 UTC
cal*CLI>

So it’s new in 13.24.1.

Happy New Year!
Ian


#2

This is not expected behavior, but is likely just something in the way the data is presented. Please file an issue on the issue tracker[1].

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira


#3

Will do - thanks!

Regards