Performance problem, delay in ringgroup with 27 phones + blf

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with a customer when the external call hits a final ringgroup of 27 phones in the dial plan. The phones are all configured with BLF (22 led’s), and I suspect this is the cause of the delay.

When somebody from the group answers the Phone, the other 26 phones keep ringing for 4 seconds, and it takes about 4 seconds before the person answering the Phone can chat with the caller.

Now when we turn off BLF on the phones, the problem seems to go away.

It seems to be a performance problem of the asterisk box. is there a way for us to disable the blinking BLF led’s on a incoming call within this ringgroup? We really hope to still have BLF for the busy status and when somebody is in a call, but when the large ringgroup is hit we do not need to have all the lights (22x26 phones = almost 600 leds) blinking when the phones are ringing in this group.

We are happy to pay for support if this helps,

please let me know,

Sincerely,

Ron

[quote=“imagine”]Hi Guys,
It seems to be a performance problem of the asterisk box. is there a way for us to disable the blinking BLF led’s on a incoming call within this ringgroup? [/quote]

Negative, you can’t disable NOTIFYs with any business logic.

Out of curiosity, what version of Asterisk are you using, and what kind of hardware are you throwing at it, and what sort of load levels are you seeing when things go south?