Patching Asterisk to solve jabber/gtalk issue

Hello

I found the jabber_res issue described here bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9972

My question is - how can I implement this fix into my existing 1.4.18.1 installation? Can I just replace some existing source files and recompile without switching to branch or trunk?

Thanks!

Hi, i have a problem with chan_gtalk. It looks loaded but no CLI “gtalk” commands, jabber seems to be working (i can see a lot of status messages on the CLI). Can´t receive voice calls and of course when trying to call from * it fails:

[Apr 4 22:05:19] WARNING[12620]: channel.c:2979 ast_request: No channel type registered for ‘gtalk’
[Apr 4 22:05:19] WARNING[12620]: app_dial.c:1196 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘gtalk’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

I have previously installed iksemel 3.1.0 and rebuilt/reinstalled Asterisk (1.4.18.1)
Any help would be appreciated.
I think this may be something about your post. Thanks!

Check if you have gtalk enabled in Channels while you are in ‘make menuselect’

Then observe the gtalk channel module load attempt while you’re starting asterisk with ‘asterisk -cvvv’

Hi,
Previously i´ve checked the loading of module chan_gtalk by executing a CLI module reload… but no error shown. When i checked on the startup messages i saw an error loading gtalk.conf…it was a slipped ; on the file… (;[general]) Sorry, i should check my system deeply before posting. Many thanks!