ODBC Voicemail Storage mess

I made a mistake apparently when I ran make menuselect on our new Asterisk 16 server. I must have selected ODBC Voicemail Storage which I guess seemed OK because I didn’t know I would be forced to use it.

It appears that after moving a bunch of production users to this box that my voicemail was half (not all) broke because I never configured ODBC, because well, I didn’t want it.

So I thought hey, piece of cake, I just figure out what option I need to set in voicemail.conf to disable ODBC storage. Nope… It seems that I must rebuild the src with this flag turned off…

Well… I’m ascared’ to do that on a production system, just doesn’t seem smart.

So, I went ahead and configured ODBC and my voicemail is sort of working now but not completely. I have no desire to store my voicemail in blobs in the DB and I have other issues I haven’t worked through due to this new storage method.

I flat out don’t want to use this but I also don’t want to have to rebuild the source of a live production Asterisk box.

At this point I’m considering building a Voicemail Only Asterisk box the way I want it to work and redirecting all voicemail to this new server to resolve this issue.

Is there truly no way to disable ODBC voicemail storage without rebuilding from source? I just want file based storage like I have used for years.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There isn’t. Both IMAP and ODBC take over functions of app_voicemail used for file storage when building. You have to rebuild in order to return to file based.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.