NOT RESOLVED 2nd line is Busy HAVE CLI INFO

I have a system with 2 xp100 cards for a small office with only 2 CO lines. The lines are set to roll over from the phone company and I have verified that with a couple analog phones. When the lines are in Trixbox and line 1 is in use and someone calls in on the main number (line 1) its busy instead of rolling to line 2. Any sggestions?

Many Thanks.

Here is the CLI trace-

Starting simple switch on ‘Zap/1-1’
– Starting simple switch on ‘Zap/2-1’
– Executing NoOp(“Zap/2-1”, "Entering from-zaptel with DID == ") in new stack
– Executing Set(“Zap/2-1”, “DID=s”) in new stack
– Executing NoOp(“Zap/2-1”, “DID is now s”) in new stack
– Executing GotoIf(“Zap/2-1”, “1?zapok:notzap”) in new stack
– Goto (from-zaptel,s,7)

Why does the simple switch start on Zap/1-1 then go start again on Zap/2-1???
This is exactly what is causing my 2nd line busy signal.

Any suggestions?

is the first number provisioned with call-waiting (or something else that would cause it to diddle zap/1?)

there are no call features on the CO lines from central office.

well, something is wrong with the way the telco is provisioning the line. if the line were truly set up for roll-over, the switch at the CO would detect the line was in use and not even try to push a call through. they are doing something that is perturbing the line and asterisk/zaptel is detecting this (polarity reversal? something else?)

i have tested with my butt set and with another single line phone and the hunt group is working correctly. i have an inbound route setup for each card that goes to a ring group with 2 extensions in it. 2nd call in gets a busy tone, caller hangs up and then then a phone will ring in the ring group, you pick up the call and you have dialtone.

I repaced a norstar system and it did not have this isse.

that doesn’t prove the telco is not doing something wrong. if they weren’t sending the call to line 1, zaptel couldn’t see it. i guess if your premise is that it has to be something wrong on your end, you’ll never escalate this with the telco to make sure they aren’t doing something wrong. good luck.

second thoughts: i’m really not trying to be a wise-ass here, but it’s hard not to believe the telco is causing the problem (even though your previous HW wasn’t apparently bothered by it.) can you look at the voltage on the line when someone calls and it is getting the spurious switch message? also, the cheapo clone cards are problematic. any chance you can beg/borrow digium or sangoma cards to try?