Not early media with the Stasis app through ARI

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 13.3.1 with the Stasis app through the ARI restful API. If I create a channel (equivalent to the originate AMI command) using an /channels/{channelId} ARI POST method I can’t add it to an already existing bridge using the ARI bridges/{bridgeId}/addChannel POST method until the Up ChannelStateChange notification comes from the channel, therefore avoiding any possibilities of hearing any prompts or SIT tones from the network like reorder, etc…, by the other peers already in that bridge.

If I request the addChannel bridging query right after receiving the Ring changed state notification I get an error which says “Channel not in Stasis application” but if I wait for the Up changed state notification, the request success.

Does it seem the Stasis App does not support an early media scenario although the early media feature is implemented in the SIP channel? Any hints about it?

Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

You should post this question to the asterisk-app-dev mailing list at:
lists.digium.com/cgi-bin/mailman … sk-app-dev

Hi,

It´s a Asterisk 13 limitation I think,

We use Asterisk 15 and We fixed the Channel not in Stasis application error by creating the channel (not to originate it) and then call in the Statis app.

It´s an old post but let´s share it because we spent some time to figure it out.

BR
/ohammami