Not able to get asterisk to compile successfully

Using Debian Sarge with standard (distributed kernel)
and all up to date.
Kernel version is:

Linux version 2.4.27-2-386 (horms@charles.lab.ultramonkey.org) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-6)) #1 Thu Jan 20 10:55:08 JST 2005

I have been unbable to get asterisk to compile successfully.

Zaptel compiles just fine and drivers load.

This is my first ever asterisk install but am rather comfortable with
it and have read all the documentation many times.

I’m using latest asterisk and zaptel from cvs as instructed on
digium’s website.

Am looking to pointers as to what might be wrong here when I attempt
to compile…

Here’s is a snippet of what seems to go wrong

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/asterisk/res' make[1]: Nothing to be done forall’.
make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/asterisk/res' make[1]: Entering directory/usr/src/asterisk/channels’
gcc -c -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g -Iinclude -I…/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -march=i686 -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS -DASTERISK_VERSION=“CVS-v1-0-05/18/05-15:39:24” -DINSTALL_PREFIX="" -DASTETCDIR="/etc/asterisk" -DASTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/asterisk" -DASTVARLIBDIR="/var/lib/asterisk" -DASTVARRUNDIR="/var/run" -DASTSPOOLDIR="/var/spool/asterisk" -DASTLOGDIR="/var/log/asterisk" -DASTCONFPATH="/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf" -DASTMODDIR="/usr/lib/asterisk/modules" -DASTAGIDIR="/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin" -DBUSYDETECT_MARTIN -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-missing-declarations -DZAPATA_PRI -DIAX_TRUNKING -DCRYPTO -fPIC -o chan_zap.o chan_zap.c
chan_zap.c: In function zt_handle_event': chan_zap.c:3084: error:ZT_EVENT_DTMFDIGIT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
chan_zap.c:3084: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
chan_zap.c:3084: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [chan_zap.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/channels’
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
TEST:/usr/src/asterisk#