No such command 'zap' and loading module chan_zap.so failed

obviously the zap command won’t shot at CLI cause chan_zap.so ins’t loaded properly, then when i try to load it, the cli returns this error:

pbx*CLI> module load chan_zap.so [Aug 23 11:28:24] WARNING[9395]: pbx.c:2981 ast_register_application: Already have an application 'ZapSendKeypadFacility' == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf':Found -- Registered channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling -- Registered channel 2, FXS Kewlstart signalling -- Registered channel 3, FXS Kewlstart signalling -- Registered channel 4, FXS Kewlstart signalling [Aug 23 11:28:24] WARNING[9395]: chan_zap.c:905 zt_open: Unable to specify channel 5: No such device or address [Aug 23 11:28:24] ERROR[9395]: chan_zap.c:7218 mkintf: Unable to open channel 5: No such device or address here = 0, tmp->channel = 5, channel = 5 [Aug 23 11:28:24] ERROR[9395]: chan_zap.c:10593 build_channels: Unable to register channel '5'

So this means that channel 5 that was previously handled by a non existing sangoma card need to be removed so that this module may load up properly? advice please

One, chan_zap has been deprecated for a long time since Zaptel was renamed to DAHDI.

That said, you might be interested in checking out an older version of Asterisk: The Future of Telephony and look for instructions on configuring chan_zap.

You basically do not want anything in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to refer to the channels that are no longer present on the system.

[quote=“sruffell”]One, chan_zap has been deprecated for a long time since Zaptel was renamed to DAHDI.

That said, you might be interested in checking out an older version of Asterisk: The Future of Telephony and look for instructions on configuring chan_zap.

You basically do not want anything in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to refer to the channels that are no longer present on the system.[/quote]

Thanks for the dahdi information, that makes me wanna choose for Freepbx, but anyway I solved the issue by commenting out all the lines refer to channel 5 in zapata.conf and zaptel.conf, I ran the module loading command and it worked, for now

Recent versions of FreePBX or any distro based on FreePBX use DAHDI, you need to update your installation instructions sources .