No outbound I cannot make outgoing call tdm400p

The diffrence is the service providers. The one at home is charter the one at the office is Southwestern Bell and getting charter at the office isn’t an option.

After everything I have tried my latest suspicion is the way the phonelines at the office do diconect supervision. I have to wait till Morning to find out.

The typical one is kewl start the others are loop start and ground start.

The box is configured for kewl start which may be the problem. I’m calling digium tomarrow to findout tomarrow. Hopefully

Problem Solved

OK, I was right. Disconnect Supervicion was the problem.

Kewel Start is the default for asterisk@home the others are loop start and ground start.

I talked to the telephone technician and he informed me that they use loop start . Once I made the changes in the configs for loop start it worked fine. I will post instructions on this later.

If you read this post don’t neglect the previous suggestions because i think it was the combination of everything that came together to make this thing work.
This link is pn Asterisk diconnect supervision

voip-info.org/tiki-pagehisto … ion&diff=2

asteriskguru.com/tutorials/r … email.html

Thanks everybody for your input and help on this issue because
this issue wan’t discussed anywhere i looked .

I am also a bit of a newbie to Asterisk so i want to know, what is all these diffirent “type” of starts that you talk about and what is the effect of all of them

I fooled my self as i explained in another forum

The problem is that when i go to loopstart the lines don’t hangup basically because plian loop start has no disconnect supervison.
If i keep loopstart i can make calls but whether they hanguyp or not is
a gamble. I have calls that won’t hangup.
I also learned that loop start with disconnect supervison is Kewl start. Basically the lines i have at the office are Loop start with disconnect supervison which is Kewl start.
One big circle.

Does Anybody have any sugestions I have heard something about a way to adjust battery voltage.

All thats happening is the system picks up the line dials the number and then hangsup. Something is making this thing think it’s suppose to hangup.

Harware is verified good. Phoneline are verified good as well.
Anybody know of a way to monitor exactly what they ssytem is detecting like a polarity reversal or something like that regulars and cli won’t do.
I need some HELP!!!

I think that asterisk is being freaked out by the voltage change when
a call is dialed the sequnce is as follows
The sequnce on the voltmeter says 52.2v for on the hook,11.2v off the hook, dialing out drops to 10.0v, when the otherside hangs up 8.9v when the co disconnects it shows 10.0

I think the slight drop in voltage while dialing out may be the problem. any way to get asterisk to ignore this?