No matching peer found

hi,

i’m using asterisk 1.8 gnuradio 3.3 and openbts 2.6. so far i have registered 1 cell phone and could send sms to it from the pc but asterisk keeps saying the following when the cell phone registers:

[Aug 5 11:53:34] NOTICE[5131]: chan_sip.c:24170 handle_request_register: Registration from ‘IMSI00101xxxxxxxxxx sip:IMSI00101xxxxxxxxxx@127.0.0.1’ failed for ‘127.0.0.1:5062’ - No matching peer found

what could this error be?

thanks in advance,
walter

Sounds like you don’t have a peer definition in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf for it.

here is my sip.conf

r00101xxxxxxxxxx
canreinvite=no
type=friend
context=sip-external
allow=gsm
host=dynamic

But this:

IMSI00101xxxxxxxxxx

is what’s trying to register.

yes, i can connect with my cell phone (imsi mentioned) to openbts and send sms from the computer but every time i register to asterisk the error: “no matching peer found” arises.

that is, i have two terminals open. one for openbts and one for asterisk

1)i do: asterisk -rvvv on the asterisk console
2) i do: ./openbts on the openbts console

after this the error pops up in the asterisk console.

thank you for answering,

Howdy,

Right. Your definition in sip.conf reads:

r00101xxxxxxxxxx
canreinvite=no
type=friend
context=sip-external
allow=gsm
host=dynamic

What’s trying to register to you is:
IMSI00101xxxxxxxxxx

They’re different, yes?

so I should change in sip.conf the

r00101xxxxxxxxx to IMSI00101xxxxxxxxxxx ?

Yup.

you’re a genius! thank you!!

why is it that when i type:

sip show peers, my imsi appears but not when i type dialplan show users?

i have another questions by the way, is there a command to make a test call with asterisk?

thanks a lot in advance

dialplan show xyz shows contexts as defined by the square braces in extensions.conf.

What kind of a test call?

You can drop calls into the /var/spool/asterisk directory to have it make calls for you. If all you want to do is make a test call, you can try extension 500 from the demo context; it should call Digium.

thanks very much.

1. i want to reload or restart asterisk, how do i do this?
    i mean, i’ve tried asteririsk restart, reload, etc, but when i enter sip show peers, it always shows as if i were online while what i want to do is to “exit” (sip show peers -> 0 ) and then “register again” (sip show peers -> 1)

i guess i found the answer to this. i did sip unregister and then sip reload, is this it? my imsi shows unregistered but there’s still one peer showing up (my imsi). how do i “log out”, ie erase everthing and start anew?

1. sorry i did not understand this about the extension 500. what should i type and in what console? asterisk cli? 500?

thank you in advance,

1. Asterisk maintains SIP registrations in its internal AstDB, which is persistent on the file system between restarts. If you don’t want that, delete /var/lib/asterisk/astdb between restarts.

2. There are a number of ways to make Asterisk make a phone call. Read up on them in the asterisk book at www.asteriskdocs.org.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

i’ve been reading the documentation and have a question (i’m using asterisk with openbts):

how do i change the username of my phone? i understand that the username is between brakcets, correct? … the one that appears after doing sip show peers.
ie, i have [IMSIxxxxxxxx] in sip.conf and “SIP/IMSIxxxxx” to make a dial call in extensions.conf
if i change the IMSIs above to other name (which asterisk does not seem to recognize since the cell phone doesn’t get registered with a name other than its IMSI) how does asterisk recognize which cell phone corresponds to which name?

ie, if i have [john] and [paul] and two cell phones (1 and 2), how does asterisk know whether john corresponds to 1 or 2?

oh!! i guess it’s because of the context, correct?? i guess i made a mistake and now it’s working except that in host it says “Unspecified”. i’m not using any “permit” … what could the error be? also, it says no matching peer found for IMSIxxxx
also when i do “dialplan show (context)” the IMSIxxxx appears!! there’s something wrong but don’t know what

thank you in advance,