Newest Git-master version (6475fe3dd7) failed this morning

The ‘messages’ log shows this:

error 25532 res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: Could not find … access_token in:
“error”: “internal_failure”.
“error_description”: “Internal Error”

warning 25532 res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c: Failed to set initial authentication credentials
warning 25532 res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c
error 20686 res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c
“error”: “internal_failure”.
“error_description”: “Internal Error”

Repeats every second for about 50 times with the 20686 (2) warnings and (1) error and messages

Waits 3 minutes and displays the warnings and errors every second sometimes waiting 10 seconds

Waits 9 minutes and starts showing warnings and errors every second

Then it just gives up and no more warnings or errors OR CALLS

The Git-master version was installed 5 days ago and has been running fine.

I had been using Asterisk 18.1.0 and never saw this.

Google had an outage in their authentication system this morning.

Thanks.
IMO Asterisk should have a retry mechanism ideally for each account but even if it just did a ‘core restart now’ every 1/2 hour when it knows there are no accounts active that would give it some built-in auto recoverability.

Edit: I wanted to add to this: the accounts were showing as registered (so it did ‘retry’ properly) but calls were not working in or outbound. I did a ‘core stop now’, gave it 1 minute, then restarted, which got it working.

Such limitation is strictly limited to the Google oauth support. The project no longer supports such functionality due to a statement from Google about terms of service and such. If an external entity provided a patch we would review it, but changes would not occur by Sangoma at least.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.