Newbie needs help setting up communication

I have installed * 1.2.13 it’s running.

there is a demo with the install that I don’t know whether
needs to be commented out.

this is what I have setup under sip.conf
to register my server, local net and the registration.

[general]

externhost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx server IP
localnet=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/255.255.255.0 local net
nat=yes

;Voip.les.net registration bellow:
register => xxxxxxxxxx:password@did.voip.name.net/xxxxxxxxx

Lower in the same file I setup my peer between two sip proxis as follows.

[lesnet_peer]
type=friend
host=did.voip.name.net
dtmfmode=rfc2833
insecure=very
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=name-incoming ; incoming DID calls will arrive in the name-incoming context

That’s it under sip.

there is a demo setup in extensions.conf that I left as it is and

In extensions.conf I have set up the following under example main menu.

[custom-a2billing]
include => outbound-allroutes
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait,2
exten => s,3,DeadAGI,a2billing.php
exten => s,4,Wait,2
exten => s,5,Hangup

That’s it, all I want to do is when the DID number is dialed to communicate with a2billing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I had a similar issue at my prev. job, where we were using les.net for DIDs. I had to create a guest IAX user in order to make it work. I’m not sure about SIP (havent used les.net with SIP), but you can give it a try.

Thank you. yes I have used sip without a problem. I’m trying to get this to work and then I’ll try iax which is what Iwant to use.

How about the setup I listed. is there anything else I need to do or is there something you noticed I did wrong?

I was using trixbox before and decided to eliminate the midle man and learn how to use it directly.

Thank you.

Well if Les is sending the SIP calls directly to the IP address like the IAX calls I doubt you can use it behind nat. You can try forwarding the SIP port to the * machine though. And also you’re sending the incoming calls to “name-incoming” (les-incoming I guess) but you havent posted this context here. Try setting the sip debug to on in the console and see if the call reaches your server.