Need help with asterisk 1.2.8, asterisk-addons and mysql

I have installed Asterisk and Astbill. My configuration is:

• Linux CentOS 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL
  • asterisk 1.2.8
  • mysql-standard-5.0.22
  • astbill-0.9.0.16

When I try to load the res_config_mysql.so during asterisk load, the file is found but I get the following warning and error:

[res_config_mysql.so]Jun 23 10:49:12 WARNING[18573]: loader.c:325 __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual
Jun 23 10:49:12 WARNING[18573]: loader.c:499 load_modules: Loading module res_config_mysql.so failed!

If I disable that module on starting up Asterisk, it runs well, I can make calls, etc, but I am unable to use other features, related to astbill.

Could anybody please help me to fix that problem?

Many tks in advance for your help!

Marrey Peres
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil

did you install the mysql-devel packages too ?

Tks for the reply.

I installed the package mysql-standard. How can I check if the mysql-devel is installed?

Rgds,

Marrey Peres

use whatever package manager you have configured, e.g. yum install mysql-devel or apt-get install mysql-devel or search for an rpm for your distro/platform.

Ok.

I did a yum install mysql-devel and it installed Ok. Recompiled Asterisk but I am still getting the same error when loading:

Asterisk Dynamic Loader loading preload modules:
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/modules.conf’: Found
[res_config_mysql.so]Jun 24 18:10:16 WARNING[23913]: loader.c:325 __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual
Jun 24 18:10:16 WARNING[23913]: loader.c:499 load_modules: Loading module res_config_mysql.so failed!

Now the mysql-devel is installed:

[root@localhost asterisk]# rpm -qa mysql-devel
mysql-devel-4.1.20-1.RHEL4.1

What else could I check?

Many tks,

Marrey Peres

just found this : forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php? … 210ffa5a39 … looking on google now

Dear Friend,

Googling around I found some additional information and I did:

Compiled again asterisk (make clean, make, make install)
Compiled again asterisk-addons (make clean, make, make install)

Now it is running!

So, resuming: we need to install mysql standard package
we need to instal mysql devel (many tks for the info: that is what was missing!)

After that: recompile asterisk AND asterisk-addons.

Many tks,

Marrey Peres
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil

cool, glad you’re sorted.