MySQL

Hi, i m new beginner of asterisk. I am going to use MySQL database to store the data. My asterisk version is 1.2.4.

Can you guys recommand me which version of MysQL and ODBC is suitable for my asterisk?

Thanks

Apr 18 16:20:27 WARNING[16282]: res_odbc.c:238 odbc_sanity_check: Connection is down attempting to reconnect…
Apr 18 16:20:27 WARNING[16282]: res_odbc.c:497 odbc_obj_disconnect: res_odbc: asterisk [asterisk] already disconnected
Apr 18 16:20:27 NOTICE[16282]: res_odbc.c:552 odbc_obj_connect: Connecting asterisk
Apr 18 16:20:27 WARNING[16282]: res_odbc.c:563 odbc_obj_connect: res_odbc: Error SQLConnect=-1 errno=0 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

this is the error i find when i ry to configure my odbc with mysql.

Plz help me and give some suggetionon it . Thanks

if you’re really that new to all this, just use asterisk@home which comes preconfigured with mysql.

I do not think it’s not a problem if you use an older version of MySQL.

As long as it’s not MySQL from 3 years ago (even that old version should suffice IMHO).

The only thing you need if you want to use Asterisk and MySQL, is to install asterisk-addons

Easy link: http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/releases/asterisk-addons-1.2.2.tar.gz

Have you installed asterisk-addons?

yup , i hv install the asterisk addon , but still cannt connect the odbc.