Music on Hold is not been recorded (MixMonitor)

Hello,

I am using Asterisk pure code, not FreePBX, Elastix, etc.
I am running Asterisk 14.6.2 hosted in a VPS.

I am having issues to record the MOH using MixMonitor(/root/recording/file-xx.wav).

I am using a Cisco SPA504G and Eyebeam (softphone).

On both sides I lam able to listen MOH but the MOH is only recorded on the receiver.

How do I know that? Because when I listen the .wav file using FLV Player in windows, I only can hear the MOH in one side.

What can be the problem here? I dont see problems in the CLI. The moh is only stopped when I un-hold the call.

Any updates on this issue? I have the same problem and this causes the two sides of the audio to get out of synch when merging into a stereo file.

MixMonitor captures audio from media frames passing across the core of Asterisk, but music on hold is injected directly into the outgoing side of the channel, with only an AST_CONTROL_HOLD frame going across the core, to start it, and AST_CONTROL_UNHOLD to end it. The AST_CONTROL_HOLD is actioned by the individual channel driver, even though common code is used to actually schedule the media and inject it. That’s why it isn’t included in the recording.

I’m not sure that even inserting a local channel will help, as I have a feeling that local channels pass the control messages through, rather than acting on them.

Incidentally, I would suggest that presenting the two sides as stereo, especially if fed to headphones, could introduce accessibility problems. Under typical legislation, you couldn’t refuse a job to someone with poor or no hearing in just one ear, so you would need to find an alternative approach. I am such a person.

Thanks for the explanation David. We didn’t notice this issue until one of our customers requested that we present the recordings in stereo. I guess I will have to find another way to sync the audio. As for your accessibility concerns, we have a way to handle that on a per computer basis. There is an audio setting under the Ease of Access section where the user can turn on mono audio. That forces the audio playback to mono but the audio synch issue is still there.