Multiple sip accounts

Is it possible to create multiple sip accounts for asterisk to register FROM THE SAME SIP provider eg. sipgate???

I am trying to provide numerous accounts so that each user gets a telephone number that can be associated with a sip handset.

This would be very useful if possible.

[quote=“matscott”]Is it possible to create multiple sip accounts for asterisk to register FROM THE SAME SIP provider eg. sipgate???

I am trying to provide numerous accounts so that each user gets a telephone number that can be associated with a sip handset.

This would be very useful if possible.[/quote]

I’ve got a couple of sipgate accounts which are both being registered from my asterisk server without any problems. I can receive calls on both of them.

My problem is, though, that i’ve never managed to make an outgoing call through sipgate using asterisk!

I am using only using one account to dial out and it is working great.
I don’t have it here right now but I would be happy to post it if you would do likewise?

Yes

in sip.conf [general]

register => 06XXXX:YYYYYY@voip.eutelia.it/201
register => 0823XXXX:YYYYYYY@voip.eutelia.it/100

[eutelia1]
type=peer
insecure=very
context=voip-inbound
language=it
username=06XXXXXXXXXX
fromuser=06XXXXXXXXXX
authname=06XXXXXXXXXX
secret=YYYYYYYY
fromdomain=voip.eutelia.it
host=voip.eutelia.it
callerid=“Antonio Gallo”

[eutelia2]
type=peer
insecure=very
context=voip-inbound
language=it
username=082XXXXXXXXXX
fromuser=0823XXXXXXXXXX
authname=082XXXXXXXXXX
secret=yyyyyyyyyy
fromdomain=voip.eutelia.it
host=voip.eutelia.it
callerid=“Antonio Gallo”

Then i’ve a dial out macro that call something like that:
exten=>s,1,Dial( EXTENSION@eutelia1 )
exten=>s,2,Dial( EXTENSION@eutelia2 )
exten=>s,3,Dial( Modem/g1/XXXXXXX: )
exten=>s,4,Zapateller
exten=>s,5,Hangup

My problem (previous post) is that asterisk will not start if ADSL is down and i cannot use my ISDN line! :frowning:((

What do you mean? What happens when you try starting * when your internet connection is down?
What do you want to happen with your ISDN line?