Monitoring Asterisk Channels

Hello
I want to know if there is any way to monitor asterisk channels. I want to develope a monitoring system for asterisk which can show me total active channels, active calls etc.
Please Help.
Thanks

[quote=“azamzia”]Hello
I want to know if there is any way to monitor asterisk channels. I want to develope a monitoring system for asterisk which can show me total active channels, active calls etc.
Please Help.
Thanks[/quote]

Hi There,

Internally we are working on a system to do this, there is possibly two ways to do this.

1. Detecting how many SIP channels are active and MRTG graphing them> So far this has looked to be the most efficient way, and allows us to monitor Bandwidth consumption and active calls as wel, considering that each SIP Tunnel may use a different CoDec.

2. IF Using IAX2, to monitor all Active to do the same as SIP.

The other way too is to have a Iframe on the website refresh at certain intervals and show that active channels that way, i do however favour more the idea of Graphing it as it gives me a double edge visibility.

If our system works out to be stable and accurate i will most likley have our development team work out a way to package it and release for public use, but that is yet to be seen.

Cheers,

David.

if you’re the first people to request this i’d be very surprised. have you looked at the “Status Viewers” section of this page ? voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+GUI

In Asterisk 1.4, the ajam demo has a webpage that shows you active users/channels.

Friends i m developing the ems with opennms please help me with reference to that. Thanks