Merge two meetme calls

Hello!

Relatively new to Asterisk but have been learning a lot this year. I have a task that I can’t seem to figure out how to solve.

The scenario is as follows:

I have one external caller who calls in and speaks to an agent. They are now in a meetme channel.

Then I have a second caller who does the same and talks to a second agent.

I want to be able to do both of the below, OR one of them to start with.

1: Merge the two calls so all four can speak to each other (while both calls are on going). I want to figure out how I can do this via Asterisk AMI or the CLI since I as an Admin want to be able to do this (it’s okay if the agents can do it but not necessary right now)

2: Send the caller from the first call into the second call so that three people are now talking to each other. I want to figure out how to do this while both calls are underway (from AMI or CLI prefferably).

Any chanc anyone can help me with this or at least point me in the right direction? :grin:

Kind regards!

There is no operation to “merge” them. You can connect the two conference bridges together using a Local channel, or you can use AMI Redirect[1] to move a channel elsewhere in the dialplan ultimately into another conference bridge.

[1] Asterisk 19 ManagerAction_Redirect - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.