Meetme announce option

I would like to create a dial plan which adds announcements to the parties calling in and those in the room itself. When someone has finished entering the security code of any conference and is accepted into the conference, the caller would be able to hear how many people are in the room prior to joining. For those which are in the conference, they would here a beep or rather a tone when someone joins the conference.

Can anyone help with one?

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest a little section which does
Meetmecount before it passes them into the conference. Not exactly what you wanted, but I think you would have to rewrite the meetme to do what you really want.

Not sure on the tones, sounds as asterisk already does that with new user entering and joining.

Brad

Brad,

I am using the latest version and Asterisk makes no tone entering or leaving?

Can you post your applicable section of your extensions.conf for the meetme application where you have it setup in the dial plan.

Am thinking maybe you have the q option set - quiet mode. If you take that out it should allow you to hear the enter and leaving sounds.

Thanks,
Brad

Sure, but I don’t see it referencing the quiet mode anywhere?

From Extensions.conf:

exten => _8XXX,1,Answer
exten => _8XXX,2,Wait(1)
exten => _8XXX,3,GotoIf($[${CALLERIDNUM} = ${EXTEN:1}]?5:4)
exten => _8XXX,4,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|sM)
exten => _8XXX,5,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|asM)

Bizzare - sorry - thought I might be able to help you out.

You might try saving your databases and your custom files and going for a reinstall. Don’t know why that would help though.

Brad