I am testing a very basic configuration of asterisk 10 as I need a software PBX for a new project.
My rig is very basic, three computers. The first one is a 2ghz/3 Mb RAM ubuntu server only dedicated to aterisk. The second and third ones are my windows7 based powerful laptop and desktop machines. They are all connected by wire using an Inventel Livebox 2.1 router (my main home ADSL router) working as a switch (wifi desconnected)
These are the steps I’ve followed so far:
- Fresh ubuntu server instalation (no issues)
- Fresh asterisk 10 installation (no isues)
- Basic iax.conf and extensions.conf files (two users, just anwer and hangup in extensions.conf)
- Zoiper phones instalation in windows computers.
- Router configuration (forward port 4560 to asterisk IP, for further testing outside my lan).
Ok, so everything seems fine, both zoiper phones register,I can make calls, flawless sound quality, but…
HUGE VOICE DELAY, more than 600 ms (measured by echo test). This makes conversation unpracticable.
I’ve checked my basic network, ping tests show 5 ms, wireshark tests show an average of 20 ms, no firewalls on the router, Windows firewalls disconnected…
As there’s not remarkable traffic between three machines…I believe it’s not a network issue. I’d then like to look elsewhere…
Is this normal? Where should I look at?
I am deseperate. You have probably already noticed that I am not a tech. Any help will be really appreciated.
AFAIK swith type on the router is not Gigabite, just fast ethernet, just in case that matters…
Thanks in advance.