"Looking For s in Default Domain"

I’ve had trouble with inbound calls since the install. I always thought it was related to SIP through NAT. Yesterday I did a network trace and found that the inbound calls that don’t make it through show up as:

Viatalk: SIP/SDP Request: INVITE sip:s@76.183.49.xxx, with session description
Asterisk: SIP Status: 404 Not Found

As you can see when an inbound call is initiated Viatalk comes in with "s@76.183.49.xxx" instead of the normal “@76.183.49.xxx”. This only happens after Asterisk has been running for a while. I can issue a Reload and it will correct. I’m guessing it must have something to do with the way Asterisk is registering with Viatalk. I found the following references to the issue:

threebit.net/mail-archive/asteri … 20964.html
dslreports.com/forum/r201775 … futurenine

I put in a new exten rule as done in that first post as a band aid but would like to fix the source of the problem.

Version: Asterisk 1.4.5
Running in a VMWare guest Redhat Fedora session.

Thanks for your help.

I watched the traffic some more and found that Asterisk was alternately registering with two different REGISTER commands. One was as expected and the other had the "s@76.183.49.xxx" notation. I went back and looked at my config files and found that I had both a “TRUNK” and a “trunk_1” in GLOBALS. Then in sip.conf I only had a [viatalk] section and my internal SIP clients as expected. In users.conf though I had a [trunk_1] section with all the Viatalk registration info.

I disabled all the “trunk_1” references and restarted. Now in my network trace I only see the normal “@76.183.49.xxx” registrations. I’m not sure if the trunk_1 junk was introduced by the GUI or what.

I think I’m on my way. Any comments to clear the fog would be appreciated.