I’ve had trouble with inbound calls since the install. I always thought it was related to SIP through NAT. Yesterday I did a network trace and found that the inbound calls that don’t make it through show up as:
Viatalk: SIP/SDP Request: INVITE sip:firstname.lastname@example.org, with session description
Asterisk: SIP Status: 404 Not Found
As you can see when an inbound call is initiated Viatalk comes in with "email@example.com" instead of the normal “@76.183.49.xxx”. This only happens after Asterisk has been running for a while. I can issue a Reload and it will correct. I’m guessing it must have something to do with the way Asterisk is registering with Viatalk. I found the following references to the issue:
I put in a new exten rule as done in that first post as a band aid but would like to fix the source of the problem.
Version: Asterisk 1.4.5
Running in a VMWare guest Redhat Fedora session.
Thanks for your help.