Logging with Digium Phones and DPMA

We would like to log the date-time when phones are configured and un-configured through DPMA. Is there a way to do this? Can we trigger scripts according to DPMA events? What about the dpma_message_context, can we add something to it to help accomplish our goal?

Phone configuration events are logged in the default Asterisk logger file but we’re looking for a clean, accurate source of data (e.g. log to a separate file or even put to a database).

[quote=“jdrusk”]We would like to log the date-time when phones are configured and un-configured through DPMA. Is there a way to do this? Can we trigger scripts according to DPMA events? What about the dpma_message_context, can we add something to it to help accomplish our goal?

Phone configuration events are logged in the default Asterisk logger file but we’re looking for a clean, accurate source of data (e.g. log to a separate file or even put to a database).[/quote]

Howdy,

1. Not directly. For phones that grab a configuration, you could watch the manager interface for the PeerStatus Event when you get Registered for a SIP account that’s going to be assigned to a phone; as a followup to the Newexten event where AppData’s TMP_RESPONSE_URI matches the IP that you get for that PeerStatus Event.

What do you mean un-configured? Are you talking about when one phones steals the profile of another phone?

Would simple AMI events help?

Malcolm, thanks for your reply. We’d like to use the DPMA provisioning as a sort-of hotdesking. The agent enters their extension and presses Select to log in to the phone. To log out the the agent presses the check button (a shortcut to the menu), presses 5 for Advanced, 1 for Reconfigure, and then the Yes button.

We’d like to know exactly when the agent logs in and out of the phone (of course when I say log in and out of the phone I actually mean configure and un-configure). I’d like to see DPMA write events to a log file and/or database.

Digium should improve the provisioning just a bit and make it a real hot-desking feature. It is a very popular request and the Digium phones are tantalizingly close to making it a hot feature.

A feature request to add logging for phone configuration and “un-” configuration events has been recorded.

Feature requests can also be submitted to phonefeatures@digium.com