Listening on two conferences

I need to be able to listen to two conferences simultaneously but the conferences should not hear each other. Is it possible to do it with ExtenSpy or ChenSpy by listening to two channels or extensions at the same time?

Yes, probably, but won’t it be confusing for the listener to know there the sound is coming from ?

Supervisor just wants see if this could be done. Would ExtenSpy work on two extensions at the same time?

Doubt it.

You would need a conference bridge to mix the two streams, and I think that would need to be introduced explicitly, in which case it might be better to just add local channels directly into a mixing channel, setting them muted.

1 Like

You would need a conference bridge to mix the two streams, and I think that would need to be introduced explicitly, in which case it might be better to just add local channels directly into a mixing channel, setting them muted.

Great idea. Would that solve a problem of keeping the two conferences apart from each other? We don’t need participants in Conference A to be heard by participants in Conference B (and don’t need B to be heard in A).

If you don’t need any Conference A <-> B mixing, and you’ve got only one user requesting this feature, then it might make sense to just give them another phone to use, so they can listen to Conference A on phone 1 and listen to Conference B on phone 2 – also it lets them more easily distinguish which stream they are on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.