Limit agent inbound calls to 1 each?

Hi,

I have a number of member handsets in a queue.

How can I stop each member getting every call that enters the queue waiting on their phone? (strategy is ringall and needs to stay that way)

I can set call-limit=1, but this then means no agent can do an attended transfer, or put a caller on hold and make another call.

I have set busy-level=1, but this doesn’t have any effect.

Try set call-limit=2 or higher too, this should help.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Hi,

Problem with setting it to 2 is that then each agent constantly has a call waiting.

I basically need to achieve 1 inbound call and unlimited outbound.

Ive tried setting incoming-limit, although I believe this has been replaced by call-limit (which limits all to 1, not just incoming)

Which kind of devices do you put in the queue ? Seems they are accepting more than one concurrent call without signalling busy…

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

They are all Linksys SPA series phones - I can’t seem to turn call waiting off on them!

Is asterisk itself capable of limiting just inbound calls? Or is it only capable of setting a limit to the sum of inbound & outbound?

From reading the docs, busy-level should be exactly what I need to but it seems to totally ignore it? Should this be reported on the bug tracker?

In my Linksys SPA adapter, in the web setting, mode Advanced, in the tab Line1, under “Supplementary Service Subscription” I’ve the “Call Waiting Serv”; is there such setting ? Did you set it to “no” ?

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

It seems that “call waiting serv” in the phones doesn’t actually switch it off. It just alters whether or not the * is recognised.

I’ve email Linksys anyway to see if there is a way, as it looks like it might be an oversight on their part at the moment.

Thanks

How about setting ringinuse = no in the queues.conf