Issues with Out of Dialog OPTIONS and NOTIFY when extension name includes domain

Hello all,

Im experiencing a strange issue with PJSIP OPTIONS (Qualify) and NOTIFY. It seems that whenever I have an endpoint which includes a username and a domain, “gordon@arkafort.com” for example, SIP OPTIONS and SIP NOTIFY fail as per below;

Endpoint: gordon@arkafort.com Not in use 0 of inf

[2021-05-28 15:35:50] ERROR[26173]: res_pjsip.c:4396 create_out_of_dialog_request: Unable to create outbound OPTIONS request to endpoint gordon@arkafort.com
[2021-05-28 15:35:50] ERROR[26173]: res_pjsip/pjsip_options.c:877 sip_options_qualify_contact: Unable to create request to qualify contact sip:gordon@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:42083;transport=TLS;x-ast-orig-host=192.168.0.6:42083 on AOR gordon@arkafort.com

rtc1CLI> pjsip send notify snom-check-cfg endpoint gordon@arkafort.com
Sending NOTIFY of type ‘snom-check-cfg’ to ‘gordon@arkafort.com’
[2021-05-28 15:36:00] ERROR[26174]: res_pjsip.c:4396 create_out_of_dialog_request: Unable to create outbound OPTIONS request to endpoint gordon@arkafort.com
[2021-05-28 15:36:00] ERROR[26173]: res_pjsip.c:4396 create_out_of_dialog_request: Unable to create outbound NOTIFY request to endpoint gordon@arkafort.com
[2021-05-28 15:36:00] WARNING[26173]: res_pjsip_notify.c:653 notify_contact: SIP NOTIFY - Unable to create request for contact sip:gordon@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:42083;transport=TLS;x-ast-orig-host=192.168.0.6:42083

If I change the endpoint name to the username, “gordon”, SIP Options and SIP Notify messages go through. (Only the endpoint name is changed, same Auth, same AOR and same transport).

Endpoint: gordon Not in use 0 of inf

rtc1*CLI> pjsip send notify snom-check-cfg endpoint gordon
Sending NOTIFY of type ‘snom-check-cfg’ to ‘gordon’
(Phone receives NOTIFY)

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

PS: Some time ago I had already created another topic on the same issue, however this was before I tested extensively to pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately I was unable to work on the issue before and the thread got closed, but I am including it as a reference.

There was an issue for this [ASTERISK-28393] Multidomain support issue - Digium/Asterisk JIRA which had a fix merged 2 days ago. It is not yet in a release.

Thank you very much!

Have a great day and a nice weekend.

Hello, I have updated asterisk to version 18.5. Options now work as expected, thank you. However I still have an issue with NOTIFY as follows;

ERROR[2613]: res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:450 digest_create_request_with_auth: Host: ‘XX.XX.XX.XX:ZZZZ’: There were no auth ids available

Am I missing anything configuration related now? Ive tried various options to no avail.

Thank You,
Gordon

As an update, I have disabled check-cfg authentication on the phone and it worked since I was getting 401.

Can and should NOTIFY messages be authenticated? If so, how can this be achieved as authenticate_qualify does not seem to impact this (Provided my understanding is correct).

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.