Issue with OPTIONS and NOTIFY (create_out_of_dialog_request)

Hello everyone,

Im struggling with getting SIP OPTIONS and NOTIFY to work on my setup. Using PJSIP and Asterisk 18.2.0. Im looking at configuring pjsip_notify to reconfigure phones whenever a configuration changes. I am using TLS. When issuing a notify I get the below;

pjsip send notify snom-check-cfg endpoint xxx@yyy.com

ERROR[67132]: res_pjsip.c:4328 create_out_of_dialog_request: Unable to create outbound NOTIFY request to endpoint xxx@yyy.com
[2021-04-17 16:17:57] WARNING[67132]: res_pjsip_notify.c:653 notify_contact: SIP NOTIFY - Unable to create request for contact sip:xxx@x.x.x.x:33447;transport=TLS;x-ast-orig-host=192.168.0.5:33447

As part of the troubleshooting process, I enabled qualify_frequency and related messages are coming up;

ERROR[67050]: res_pjsip.c:4328 create_out_of_dialog_request: Unable to create outbound OPTIONS request to endpoint xxx@yyy.com
ERROR[67050]: res_pjsip/pjsip_options.c:877 sip_options_qualify_contact: Unable to create request to qualify contact sip:

Im using dynamic realtime and the domain name is part of my endpoint name eg; xxx@yyy.com.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this please as I cant seem to find much online with the exception of what seems to be a related issue; [ASTERISK-26026] res_pjsip: Error on configuring PJSIP multi domain - Digium/Asterisk JIRA

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hello, not sure if anyone can give me a helping hand with this :slight_smile:

I will do some additional testing over the coming days and will keep this thread updated but a hit in the right direction would be immensely appreciated!

Thank you very much for your assistance as always.

Regards.

Not really sure. Are you using pjproject bundled with Asterisk? Or building it yourself?

Also, just to rule stuff out does the same thing happen when using only UDP (no TLS)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.