IP Authentication

Anyone knows how create a user in asterisk that be only auth by is IP?

Where specify the IP address asociated to some user?

hi
i think it is possible using this
in user config.

[USER1]
username=user1
secret =***^
host= specific ip address-----> this is important as per ur requirement as user whose ip address is xxx.xx.xx.xxx will Autehnticate only with Asterisk

Amit

Thanks, with this the client donā€™t need to register in the server? I need that the client donā€™t need registration, user and password, only the IP is enought to connect.

Thanks

Well, I know a bare bones SIP stanza will allow a client to make/recieve calls without ā€œlogging inā€, but usually the client registers itself with the server regardless.

Without registration, Iā€™d imagine asterisk wouldnā€™t even try to place the call. So while you could probably still make calls out, receiving calls would be problematic. I guess you could try pre-registering the client using the manager ( I think thatā€™s possibleā€¦maybe not ), as long as the client is accepting calls on itā€™s end it might work.

Does that make sense?

I need to do that a Client donā€™t need to register to make callsā€¦ for example, the user 9000 donā€™t need user /pass, only the IP is enought auth for know whoā€™s