Invoking 'On-Demand' recording with Asterisk@Home

Asterisk@Home allows one to set recording for inbound/outbound calls, either by recording all or ‘On-Demand’. You may see these options in the online demo here:

demo.coalescentsystems.ca/config.php?display=3

My question is, how does one invoke a recording if the setting is for ‘On-Demand’? I am not able to find anything on the AMP Wiki.

From what I found here

sourceforge.net/forum/message.p … id=3289113

looks like this feature is to be implemented in future release it doesnt seem to work yet

[quote=“rusty”]From what I found here

sourceforge.net/forum/message.p … id=3289113

looks like this feature is to be implemented in future release it doesnt seem to work yet[/quote]

Thanks for that and bummer. I happened to exchange emails with the developer of AIR who concurred that it is in a future release (incidentally he mentioned he is about to do a release of AIR in about a week).

Would be great to have this, but I guess it is hackable in the meantime…

[quote=“MuppetMaster”]
Thanks for that and bummer. I happened to exchange emails with the developer of AIR who concurred that it is in a future release (incidentally he mentioned he is about to do a release of AIR in about a week).

Would be great to have this, but I guess it is hackable in the meantime…[/quote]

Could you please inform us on forum, when stable version comes out?

Tomislav

G’day

I have found that using IP Switchboard (ipswitchboard.thorben.dk/index.p … &Itemid=45) lets you do this.

Just right click on the channel, and click Monitor Channel. From the next call, it will start to record the calls.

Paul

[quote=“trouble”]Just right click on the channel, and click Monitor Channel. From the next call, it will start to record the calls.
[/quote]

This isn’t quite the same. I don’t need to record all calls. I even don’t know that the next call is the call I would need to record. So I need somthing wich will work like this. When I’m on the phone, I do domething (esiest is to press few digits) and the call gets recorded.

It seams this needs to be implemented.

Tomislav

Correct, something for sales verification where you only record truly on demand. Would be best to have a little PHP script that you may execute from a web browser at the desktop to start and stop recording on a specific extension.

it is posible by Agent API
and it seems to be simple
but i never do it)

[quote=“meral82”]it is posible by Agent API
and it seems to be simple
but i never do it)[/quote]

Yes, I heard several times that is posible, but it newer actualy work.
Anyway, can you give us a link?

Tomislav

A link or a screenshot from the Flash Operator Panel? I have searched this site:

asternic.org/

But no luck in the release notes, docs or FAQ on invoking on demand recording.

As promised, this script has been updated:

littlejohnconsulting.com/?q=node/11