Internal Asterisk Error Codes & Meanings

Hi all,

I hope there are some out there who can help, the last resort for me after here would be to contact Digium direct to try and get an answer, but i have to say i am totally puzzled.

Firstly Let me explain the Network setup, just so it may help with identifying the problem and possible meaning to the errors;

Our Asterisk Systems are used to do Call back setup, One system has a Digium card with 4X E-1’s connected to it, this is for receiving and sending calls to the PSTN network. The second Asterisk System is used to negotiate all the SIP signaling and connections to the outside world outside of the PSTN network.

However when a Call back happens, and they attempt to make a call back to the PSNT network the system throws these errors at me;

Jan 15 22:23:31 NOTICE[21079]: pbx_spool.c:269 attempt_thread: Call failed to go through, reason 8

Jan 15 22:24:42 WARNING[21194]: cdr.c:550 ast_cdr_disposition: Cause not handled

Jan 15 22:29:28 NOTICE[21496]: pbx_spool.c:269 attempt_thread: Call failed to go through, reason 5

an 15 22:32:44 WARNING[21722]: cdr.c:550 ast_cdr_disposition: Cause not handled

Jan 15 22:58:10 NOTICE[23328]: pbx_spool.c:269 attempt_thread: Call failed to go through, reason 1

Jan 15 22:59:22 WARNING[23358]: cdr.c:550 ast_cdr_disposition: Cause not handled

The log files are riddled with these, and the statistics show that one out of every 20-30 calls may get through all the rest are given this error and no call backs happen.

If anyone could be of an assistance in identifying what these causes mean I.E the 8,5&1 causes and what they can be attributed too, it may give us an indication if any of the AGI script files that have been maybe recently updated or any system changes we have made, could potentially be causing this problem.

If anyone knows were i can go to read up on this issues i once again would be greatly appreciated, as this would lead to being able to avoid such a scenario from happening again.

I thank you in advance for providing me with any useful information.

Regards,

David.

does enabling DEBUG in the logs give you wany more info ?

as for finding the “reason”, perhaps a scan through the source or the doxygen files for the source will help.

[quote=“baconbuttie”]does enabling DEBUG in the logs give you wany more info ?

as for finding the “reason”, perhaps a scan through the source or the doxygen files for the source will help.[/quote]

Hello Baconbuttie,

Thanx for the reply, uhm yeah the debug info doesn’t give me anymore then what i already knew, so that one is out of the question.

As for teh Doxygen documents, no i cant say i have had a look at them, not sure if they are even installed on this particular machine, but i will look at the other machines and see if it is.

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers,

David.