I have installed 16.1.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 using instructions at
This went very well, completed with no problems reported.
I then tried the ‘hello world’ project at
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Hello+World, using the chan_pjsip option.
On starting asterisk using asterisk -rx “core restart now” followed by asterisk -rvvvvv
I observed WARNING and ERRORs:
WARNING: loader.c:2234 load_modules: Some non-required modules failed to load.
ERROR: loader.c:2249 load_modules: Error loading module ‘res_pjsip_registrar_expire.so’: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_pjsip_registrar_expire.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: loader.c:2249 load_modules: Failed to resolve dependencies for res_pjsip_transport_websocket
ERROR: loader.c:2249 load_modules: res_pjsip_transport_websocket declined to load.
Indeed res_pjsip_registrar_expire.so does not exist. From the CHANGES file:
- The res_pjsip_registrar_expire module has been removed. The functionality has
been moved into res_pjsip_registrar.
- Why does the start up process attempt to load a file that has been removed?
- Is res_pjsip_registrar_expire a dependency of res_pjsip_transport_websocket, or is that ERROR another issue?
- Is res_pjsip_transport_websocket critical to the operation of SIP systems?
Observation: The Hello World project fails - a SIP phone fails to REGISTER, ‘No matching endpoint found’. So question:
4. Is this failure because of the res_pjsip_transport_websocket problem, or is it some other issue?