Individual CallerID

How do I set the individual callerID for each line / handset?
As at the moment all calls go out as the main office number
We use Cisco 7960 handsets and would ideally like each line to go out as the number set as we operate different businesses, any ideas

hi,

you might set the callerid in sip.conf for each sip account.

for example,
; ext1
[1234]
type=friend
username=1234
secret=1234
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
context=xxx
callerid=1234

regards,

In the sip.conf you can set variables.

Use this to store the outgoing call id

or if you want more dynamic then use the db and pull the caller-id from that based on the extension number

Ian

Are the numbers that you want to send the same numbers that your PSTN gateway operator allocates to you for incoming calls? E.g., on a non-VoIP DID line, BT will normally only allow you to source numbers which are in the DID block for that line, unless you are another network operator. I would hope most VoIP to PSTN gateways do the the same.

You can use the following as an example if you would like to control it in your extensions.conf. This will set the caller id name and number to what ever your vars are. By default these values are configured by your sip.conf for the registered client.

exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${YOURVARFORNAME})
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=${YOURVARFORNUMBER})
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider)

The help is great how ever this is what I have in sip.conf

[]
context=remote
secret=

type=friend
qualify=yes
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
nat=no
call-limit=1
callerid=“Private” <0285792010>
insecure=invite,port
mailbox=1010

How ever the extensions.conf

shows

exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0285792000)
exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/balmain/77${EXTEN},30,f)
exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n,Congestion
exten => _04XXXXXXXX,102,Hangup

which seems to override what is in sip.conf.
I am simply looking for it to go out as 0285792000 UNLESSS specified

any ideas

Hi,

You could use GotoIf command like:

exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num):0:7}" != "0285792"]?dial-out) exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n(default-cid),Set(CALLERID(num)=0285792000) exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n(dial-out),Dial(SIP/balmain/77${EXTEN},30,f) exten => _04XXXXXXXX,n,Congestion exten => _04XXXXXXXX,102,Hangup

Better than using the callerid(num) is to use a special variable in sip.conf on which you set the callerid when dial outside (like out-callerid-num), as ianplain have suggested.

HTH,
Ioan.

If you do not set the caller id to anything, I believe the default option is to use that of the sip.conf for the registered client. Try removing your manual set of the var.