Incoming call does not show callerid on softphone

greetings to all .

I have an interactive ivr,
when the agent extension receives an incoming call, asterisk recognizes the callerid but the callerid is not displayed on the agent softphone.

can someone help me

What do you mean by IVR? IVR has a special meaning in FreePBX, but this isn’t the FreePBX forum, but otherwise means interactive voice response, which can be implemented in man different ways in Asterisk, but there is no dedicated IVR feature in Asterisk. We need to know, in a fair amount of detail, how you have implemented IVRs to know whether or not that is relevant.

The default behaviour of Asterisk is to pass the received caller ID through.

What channel technology are you using for the incoming calls? What is displayed instead of the caller ID?

The most likely thing that people get wrong is to include the callerID options in the definition of the incoming line, but if you have an analogue line, you have to set some technical details, and the network operator has implement and enable caller ID, and tell you what the technical details are.

Less likely is that you are overriding the caller ID in the dialplan, or that you are using the From user setting on the SIP endpoints for your soft phones.

I am using vicidial to handle the graphic part of calls,
This is how the calls appear on the softphone

Type,Name,Number,Time,Duration,Info
in,V1261927120003670654,asterisk,1643243284,0,Busy Here
in,V1261352160003670644,asterisk,1643232687,9,Call Ended
in,V1261352160003670644,asterisk,1643232636,0,Busy Here
miss,V1261352160003670644,asterisk,1643223149,0,Cancel

the funny thing is that asterisk recognizes the incoming call

This is the programming that I have to mark in vicidial

[…]
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
allow=g711
allow=gsm
type=friend
username=…
fromuser=…
secret=…
host=…
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound
trustrpid=yes
sendtrpid=yes
nat=yes

exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(nxx=${RAND(211,999)})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(xxxx=${RAND(1000,9999)})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${EXTEN:2:3}${nxx}${xxxx})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(expect=${RAND(1,5)})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Wait(${expect})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@…,tTo)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup

It looks as though you have to pay for Vicidial support, as their website doesn’t mention any peer support forum.

The code fragment you have provided deliberately destroys the Caller ID, by, and assuming the numbers are similar to North American Numbering Plan, replacing them using your own area code and generating random, by syntactically valid, exchange and subscriber numbers. That’s done by the second through fourth lines, which you would need to remove to stand any chance of having the incoming caller ID preserved.

What could be modified in this case to be able to bring the callerid without destroying the prefix generation of the city where you want to call?

You said this was an inbound call to an agent, not an outbound call to a city.

If this logic is being applied to outbound calls, I hope that STIR/SHAKEN will now mark all the calls as spam.

Whilst I’m really not clear what your last question means, I am certain that it is a question about the Vicidial code, not about Asterisk and cannot properly be answered without a proper understanding of how that is supposed to work.

I don’t understand why if asterisk recognizes the incoming caller id to the agent’s extension it doesn’t get the same

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.