CALLER ID issue

i am testing the IVR i am building so i assigned it an internal number

exten => _9958,1,Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=moh)
exten => _9958,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=IN: ${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _9958,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _9958,n,Answer
exten => _9958,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=1)
exten => _9958,n,Background(daytime)
exten => _9958,n,WaitExten

;exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
exten => i,1,Goto(_9958,1)

exten => t,1,Playback(are-you-still-there)
exten => t,n,Goto(_9958,1)

; 1 for sales
exten => 1,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=SALES: ${CALLERID(name)})
exten => 1,n,Dial(SIP/206,20)

however when i make the call and choose 1 - the receiving phone shows my caller id - and not SALES: followed by my caller id

this method worked fine when connected to pstn , and even on other internal calls - so i am not sure what i am missing here

Thank you.

bump - any ideas ?

You are four and a half hours too early.

If you want a guess, the phone is getting confused by the “:”. If you want a more reliable answer, you will need to provide the INVITE from the “sip set debug on” output, and the sip.conf entry, and general section.

i tried removing the : even though i saw it work before with no luck

i do notice that the caller id shows my name while ringing, but once the call is answered it changes to whatever i set it to (i only noticed thsi once i started picking up the test calls :smile:)

i know it worked before on internal calls - but now the whole system seems to behave like this

can you elaborate on what you mean by provide invite on sip debug ?

OK - i was reading the debug logs and it dawned on me — so now i figured out what the problem is - however i need a solution

the reason for the caller id showing up before the call is because that user is in the contacts.xml applied to the D70

when i removed the contacts.xml and reloaded the phones - the caller id works as expected…i do want the BLF contacts loaded - but i dont’ want it overriding the callerid…anyone ?