Inbound call other end hears static and noise

Hi

Is there anything that I can check in the Dahdi or asterisk settings as this affects only some calls. The behaviour started last Monday but I had congestion , on tuesday I added a second asterisk system which resolved the congestion.  Each asterisk is connected to 4 T1's   via a Digium te420    pci express card

I have edited the peers.conf on bothe asterisk Please see below

;-------------------------------
; Peers List.

[Peer10.10.0.9]
type=peer
username=iax_sbr
secret=iax_sbr
host=10.10.0.9
disallow=all
allow=gsm

2nd asterisk

; Peers List.

[Peer10.10.0.11]
type=peer
username=iax_sbr
secret=iax_sbr
host=10.10.0.11
disallow=all
allow=gsm

the iax.conf and the extensions.conf are the same on both systems

on the second system I have found in the full log

EventsProxy: Thread ctiServerReceiver Received [75]-[164,ERROR: Unable to connect. Username already in use by another asterisk.~].
[Aug 28 18:59:28] ERROR[7227] app_ahEventsProxy.c: Connection Not Allowed. Reason[ERROR: Unable to connect. Username already in use by another asterisk.]
[Aug 28 18:59:33] ERROR[7227] app_ahEventsProxy.c: AHEventsProxy: recv() returned [0]. Closing CtiServer socket.

could this be the cause? Could it be the driver?
the version is Asterisk 1.4.36-r15418M
Is the above setup correct? If not please advise

Thank you in advance

Christopher

First of all, if possible, I suggest to upgrade to a newer version of Asterisk. You are using a very old version…

Can you tell if the problem occurs when a specific pci exrpess cards is being used ? Perhaps there is some hardware problem with a specific card.

I am not familiar with the error you received but it looks like a CTI issue which I do not think have a connection to the actual quality of the audio.