IAX Trixbox dropouts

Hi,
I am currently using trixbox, and i have noticed that occasionally our voip provider cant connect to our box.
We are using IAX trunks, and have DSL2 internet connection. It doesnt happen on a regular basis, but it does happen 2-5 times a day.
The only reason i am aware of this is, we set upa voice mail box on teh VP end just incase our net died so at least or clients could leave a message.

Here is the specs.

The box is running Trixbox 1.1. (i recently re-installed our system, due to the updates stopping our call transfers) i may update again later but the drop out issue was happening with the updates anyway.

Our net connection is ADSL2 we average about 1500/768.
we are using a belkin router (i cant say exactly which model as we got it from IINET when we signed up with them, and you cant buy it anywhere else).
We have a netgear GSM7224 gigabit managed switch.

here is a copy of our iax.conf

[general]
bindport = 4569 ; Port to bind to (IAX is 4569)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
delayreject=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
jitterbuffer=yes
mailboxdetail=yes

#include iax_additional.conf
#include iax_custom.conf
#include additional_a2billing_sip.conf

here is iax_additional.conf

register=techflare:techflare-siab@office.siab.com.au
register=techflare:ff6cce9@gw03.mytel.net.au

[mytel]
username=XXXXXXXX
type=friend
secret=XXXXXXXXXXX
host=gw03.mytel.net.au

[siab]
username=XXXXXX
type=friend
trunk=no
secret=XXXXXXX
qualify=10000
host=dynamic
disallow=all
defaultip=office.siab.com.au
context=from-other-companies
allow=ulaw

[techflare]
username=XXXXX
type=friend
secret=XXXXX
host=gw03.mytel.net.au
context=from-trunk

basically i cant fiure out why all of a sudden we lose connection to our voip provider. I have ensure that port 4569 is forwared to the ip of the asterisk box. the box can get out to the net when ever it wants. i have QoS set to 50% for the voip 50%for data.

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

i’m not using IAX anymore (or SIP either) for other reasons, but i had a similar problem - it would just lose connectivity in the middle of a call. my limited research implicated the ‘qualify=yes’ i was using. you are using a number, but maybe try setting it to ‘no’ instead?

yeah thats what i was thinking, or even make the number bigger, so that i qualifys at a longer rate.

DSL is still dailup unless in bridge mode (will disconnect)

Ping -t some Ip (keep alive) and see if you still drop

If router has Stateful Packet Inspection turn it off (SIP traffic looks like DDOS attack)

i don’t think it’s any of those, bubba. i remember seeing comments on one of the digium buglists about people having problems with qualify command causing iax to drop connections.